I have a growth on my cheek. Is this something to worry about?

Question: I have a growth on my cheek.  It is soft a fleshy in color.  I am worried about it as it started out the size of a small pimple and has grown to the point where I am now accidentally buying it when I chew.  Should I see my doctor or is this something to worry about?


There are many different types of growths you could have on your cheek.  Certainly, any growth- especially one that is getting bigger- should be evaluated by your doctor.   Often,  your doctor can tell by looking- but it may have to be biopsied ( having a piece taken to look at under the microscope)- or removed by an ear nose and throat doctor- to be sure.

I hope this clears things up.

Robert Pincus MD

Associate Professor Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery