There are many options for voice treatment and therapy especially for professional voice users (singers/actors).
Voice treatment may include:
- Medicine to target associated medical conditions, and/or
- Surgery to remove growths in the larynx, and/or
- Behavioral voice therapy to address muscle tension, breathing patterns, and voice production, including:
- Exercises for relaxation, breathing patterns, and voice production
- Counseling regarding voice use at home and work, and food/liquid intake related to voice
- Communication strategies to compensate for voice
Voice therapy for professional voice users, including singers and actors:
- Warm-ups and strategies during performance or work
- Speaking vs. singing technique
- Safe projection
- Applying new skills to performances or the work setting
- Vocal hygiene and voice conservation when necessary
Please see our Professional Voice section for additional information.